18 April 2010

NPR Music, You Make My World Go 'Round

I l.o.v.e. the NPR Music program known as All Songs Considered,as well as Live Concerts from All Songs Considered and Tiny Desk Concerts (all available as podcasts). As I mentioned in an earlier post, these programs and their host Bob Boilen are so entertaining to listen to, and have managed to introduce me to so many artists!* I especially enjoy it when Bob is joined by Robin Hilton, Stephen Thompson and Carrie Brownstein, usually for year-end and SXSW music reviews. Not only are they well equipped to bring some fantastic new music picks to the table, but they are also funny and human; they have a great rapport. What an interesting group of people!
As I am currently living in France, I sometimes have a strong feeling of missing the English language, so I re-listen to podcasts with the afore-mentioned fab four in full flight. It really does the trick and makes me laugh too! (And I don't get paid to write nice things about them!)
*Animal Collective, Bill Callahan, Brooklyn Rider, Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros, Fanfarlo, Frightened Rabbit, K'naan, Laura Gibson, Lightning Dust, Patrick Watson, Rodrigo y Gabriela, Sarah Siskind, St. Vincent, The Antlers
       
All images from Podbean.com (you can click on the images for each respective website)

Post a Comment