25 July 2015

MAC + Nyx





Sometimes, it's about the three-letter brands. MAC. NYX. YES. I recently had occasion to acquire some such products and was pretty impressed. Myy precioussses. Although MAC cosmetics are available in Australia, I just find them too highly priced to justify. For example, a MAC lipstick in Australia costs $36AUD compared to in Canada $20CAD, where the exchange rate is pretty similar. I decided a while ago to avoid buying MAC cosmetics in Australia because they charge too much, in my opinion. Anyway, I found Allanaramaa's blog sale and that was the end of that. I ordered the two MAC lipsticks and two MAC eye shadows in this post and they are all so pretty! The Nyx items I purchased at Target in Australia.

L-R: Nyx Blush in Dusty Rose, MAC Lipstick in Fire Sign, MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo
Blush + Lipstick
  • Nyx Powder Blush in PB02 Dusty Rose - My first Nyx blush and I like it a lot! The Dusty Rose colour is just that; flattering and more peach- than grey-based. The matte formula is nice and smooth; it is pigmented enough without transferring too much colour. It is a smart, safe and affordable blush, people! (I'm also keen to check out the Cinnamon shade - mentioned by non other than @KathleenLights1 - but I'm not sure if Target Australia carries it.)
  • MAC Lipstick in Fire Sign (Lustre) - This and Ruby Woo below are my first MAC lipsticks ever! The (self-imposed) wait is finally over. Fire Sign is a goregous orange-red sheen. I cannot stop wearing this! It doesn't last too long, but that's fine with me because I like to re-apply it. If you're after a pretty, versatile lustre lipstick from MAC, please consider Fire Sign.
  • MAC Lipstick in Ruby Woo (Matte) - I know, I know. Everybody loves this. And now, I'm part of the club. It's such a beautiful, classic red lipstick. There are no more words.
 
Both photos L-R: Nyx Damage Control, MAC Star Violet, MAC Cranberry, Nyx Heat
Eye Shadow
  • MAC Eye Shadow in Star Violet (Veluxe Pearl) - A very nice, warm, mulberry/mauve pink colour with a subtle gold sheen. So so beautiful. The Veluxe Pearl finish is quite pigmented and buttery, if you will.
  • MAC Eye Shadow in Cranberry (Frost) - A very popular shade and for good reason: cool cranberry pink/red with a luscious frosted finish... Yes. This colour is absolutely beautiful, so check it out if you're on the hunt for a deep pink eye shadow. Class.
  • Nyx Hot Singles Eye Shadow in HS70 Heat - A beautiful, warm, orange red with good pigmentation, reminiscent of cinnamon. Perhaps a more daring colour but I think it is so yummy. My first Nyx eye shadow, as well.
  • Nyx Hot Singles Eye Shadow in HS14 Damage Control - Lastly, a warm medium grey with a subtle amount of shimmer. The pigmentation is less strong than Heat, but this is no problem for me as I'm happy to keep building it up. This also helps it stay looking chic by not being too obvious. The first grey eye shadow I have had in a long time, or possibly ever.
 
A Few Shout-Outs
  • Real Techniques Silicone Liner Brush - I have been searching for a fine eye liner brush for a while to use with my current favourite Maybelline Eye Studio Gel Liner. Real Techniques has a good reputation for a drugstore makeup brush brand, so I thought I would give their Silicone Liner Brush a go. I am glad I did! This brush has a silicone point (no bristles), so you can easily make a clean, single line with your liner. It's perhaps less fussy than other eye liner brushes with individual bristles (animal hair or human-made). It's also very easy to clean - bonus!
  • ELLE Australia Magazine July 2015 - ELLE Australia has been my favourite fashion and lifestyle magazine since it launched in October 2013. If I could work for a magazine, ELLE Australia would be it. The team at @ELLEaus do a fantastic job and the magazine is edgy as heck. The July 2015 issue features the stunning Nicole Warne of @garypeppergirl as well as other coolios. If you don't get this month's issue, keep an eye out for next month's one!  
Let me know if you have any opinions or suggestions for related products. Thanks for stopping by!

Post a Comment