24 August 2014

Amazing Hair



































The OGX Repairing Awapuhi Ginger Instant Recovery Mask is delectable. Its main ingredient us awapuhi ginger, which has traditionally been used as an ingredient in Hawaiian beauty and health remedies. The awapuhi extract is derived from the mature flower of the plant, which has the pleasant fragrance. Mmm...pleasant.

So, I know this is intended to be used as a hair mask. You’re supposed to apply it to just-washed hair, leave it in for a while, then rinse it out. However, I use it as a leave-in conditioner, following the above steps but skipping the rinse. With relatively thick hair, this gives a smooth finish and lustre without weighing my hair down. For those with finer hair, it would probably work best to actually use it as a mask and actually rinse it out! Each to their own. 

Another reason I like to leave this in my hair to dry is that the smell is amazing. It is a calm balance of sweet, fruity and floral that can make you feel like you are on holiday. In Hawai’i. Under a waterfall.  

If a hair mask is not your type of product, I still recommend anything in OGX’ Awapuhi range because of the fragrance. They have shampoo, conditioner, the mask, and a leave-in styling oil, so enough options for different hair situations.
 
Let me know what you think of this or any other OGX products!

Post a Comment